Business Law/Commercial Law
The Krause & Ferris office is in Annapolis, the capital of Maryland, a town founded in 1649. The office is just a block from the State House, the U.S. Naval Academy, St. John's College. However, the firm represents clients in matters of business all over Maryland.
We can assist you in the following business matters:
- Purchase or Sale of Businesses
- Formations of corporations, LLC's and other entities
- Preparation of Corporate By-Laws and LLC Operating Agreements
- Filing Business documents with SDAT
- Shareholder Agreements
- Issuance of Stock
- Preparation and review of Contracts
- Mediating Contract Disputes
- Debt Collection
- Business Bankruptcy Advice & Litigation
- Preparation and Review of Financing Documents
- SBA Lending
Business Formation in Maryland
Krause & Ferris assists new businesses with choosing the appropriate business formation in Maryland. The choices businesses make at their inception impact all aspects of the operation, management, potential profits, liabilities, taxes and financial success.
- Limited Liability Company
- Sole Proprietorship
- Limited Liability Partnership
We explain the benefits, tax implications and responsibilities of each type of entity to our clients in a way that lets them understand how they can craft their companies for the benefit of the owners, shareholders, employees, and customers.
The health of Maryland's business community is important to the firm. Our lawyers have a meaningful connection to the area and look forward to its continued growth and vitality. Please call our office to learn about how we can represent your small or large business, corporation, bank and financial institution, broker or other entity.